annonces - [annonces] Appel à Participation: /ETC Eclectic Tech Carnival - 8-13/10/2018 - XM24 Bologna, Italy

Objet : Annonces locales et régulères des activités du hackerspace rennais

[annonces] Appel à Participation: /ETC Eclectic Tech Carnival - 8-13/10/2018 - XM24 Bologna, Italy

  • From: "Mathieu Goessens (Breizh-Entropy)" <>
  • To: , , ,
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [annonces] Appel à Participation: /ETC Eclectic Tech Carnival - 8-13/10/2018 - XM24 Bologna, Italy
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 10:03:00 +0000

Bonjour,

Cet appel à propositions vous intéressera peut être :
N'hésitez pas à proposer des choses et noter la date !

/ETC is a gathering of people*, who critically use/study/share/improve
everyday information technologies in the context of the free software
and open hardware movements. We have a feminist approach that expands
the hack meetings’ reflection on politics with an intersectionalist
point of view.

The next /ETC is going to happen in Bologna (Italy), from October 8 to
13, at XM24. For more info and updates check the main page of our
website: https://eclectictechcarnival.org/

We strongly believe that an empowering event is one in which everyone
actively contributes to its realization. For this reason, we would love
to receive plenty of suggestions for activities, presentations,
workshops etcetera.

Some examples of activities we would like to host are:

- Presentations on basic or advanced Free Software and Open Hardware
concepts, such as (but not limited to):
- how to install Linux on your laptop
- workshop on system administration
- python programming
- demostration of tools for circumvent censorship and use the Internet
anonymously
- a command line w/s, a vim workshop
- what is encryption and how can you use it with files and email
- Workshop about any skill you would like to share, whether it is
soldering or soap making
- Artistic performances of every kind: from juggling and singing to
video art and digital poetry
- Promotion of activists’ health: morning yoga, lunch choir, evening
walk and other things to get some time away from the screen
- Sharp feminist critiques on contemporary technological development and
its discontents
- Discussions to reflect on issues of feminism, activism and technology
- Visions and narratives for a better future based on solidarity and
community

But feel free to experiment with creative ways of sharing your skills
and knowledge: we are only waiting to be amazed by your ideas!

This event is based on peer-to-peer learning and sharing and we are not
interested in presentations related to commercial products or business
ideas. Especially if they claim to be “for women”.

We kindly ask you to *submit your proposal by August 31st*, at whatever
time zone is comfortable for you.

Please send an email to this address: call @ lists.eclectictechcarnival
.org with a title, a brief description of your contribution and your
availability during the carnival days.

The main languages of /ETC 2018 will be English and Italian: we won’t
have a professional translation service, but we are counting on the help
of the participants to facilitate conversations between at least these
two languages. If you want to submit a proposal in a different language
you can do so, but please take into account that we might not be able to
understand it and that there might not be people to help with
translating your presentation to others.

*/ETC is a self-managed event*. This means that all participants
contribute to its contents, dynamics and logistics. During the event,
and before, we will decide together which tasks should be achieved and
everyone will contribute to their realization. We are not service
providers; we all cook, recycle, clean, document, inform, take care of
the temporal autonomous community we have created, and we have fun
together! For the same reason, we have a very low budget: none of the
organizers are paid for the work they do, and most likely we will not be
able to refund any expense. We will, however, do our best to keep the
event as cheap as possible.

/ETC is totally committed to free culture protection and advancement.
Therefore, if you want to produce an article, piece of audiovisual or
any other type of multimedia coverage of the /ETC you should release the
material under a free license.

--
Mathieu

  • [annonces] Appel à Participation: /ETC Eclectic Tech Carnival - 8-13/10/2018 - XM24 Bologna, Italy, Mathieu Goessens (Breizh-Entropy), 20/08/2018

Archives gérées par MHonArc 2.6.19+.

Haut de le page