Subject: Annonces locales et régulères des activités du hackerspace rennais
[annonces] Fwd: [hackerspaces] EHSM-2014 CFP - pushing the frontiers of open source and DIY
- From: "Mathieu Goessens (breizh-entropy)" <>
- To: <>
- Subject: [annonces] Fwd: [hackerspaces] EHSM-2014 CFP - pushing the frontiers of open source and DIY
- Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 10:44:31 +0100
- Organization: Breizh-Entropy
-------- Message original --------
Objet: [hackerspaces] EHSM-2014 CFP - pushing the frontiers of open source and DIY
Date: 2013-11-27 11:24
De: Sébastien Bourdeauducq
Répondre à: Hackerspaces General Discussion List <>
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
Exceptionally Hard & Soft Meeting
pushing the frontiers of open source and DIY
DESY, Hamburg site, June 27-29 2014
Collaboration between open source and research communities empowers open
hardware to explore new grounds and hopefully deliver on the "third
industrial revolution". The first edition of the Exceptionally Hard and
Soft Meeting featured lectures delivered by international makers,
hackers, scientists and engineers on topics such as nuclear fusion, chip
design, vacuum equipment machining, and applied quantum physics.
Tutorials gave a welcoming hands-on introduction to people of all
levels, including kids.
EHSM is back in summer 2014 for another edition of the most cutting-edge
open source conference. This year we are proud to welcome you to an
exceptional venue: DESY, Europe's second-largest particle physics
Previous EHSM lectures may be viewed at: http://ehsm.eu/2012/media.html
ATTEND WITHOUT PRESENTING:
Attendance is open to all curious minds.
EHSM is entirely supported by its attendees and sponsors. To help us
make this event happen, please donate and/or order your ticket as soon
as possible by visiting our website http://ehsm.eu.
* 45E - student/low-income online registration
* 70E - regular online registration (until February 1st)
* 95E - late online registration (after February 1st)
* 110E - door ticket
* 272E - supporter ticket, with our thanks and your name on the website.
* 1337E - gold supporter ticket, with our thanks and your
company/project logo on the website and the printed programme.
EHSM is a non-profit event where the majority of the budget covers
speakers' travel and transportation of exhibition equipment.
SPEAKERS: SUBMIT YOUR PRESENTATION
Is there a device in your basement that demonstrates violations of
Bell's inequalities? We want to see it in action. Are you starting up a
company to build nuclear fusion reactors? Tell us about it. Does your
open source hardware or software run some complex, advanced and
beautiful scientific instruments? We are eager to learn about it. Do you
have stories to tell about your former job manufacturing ultra high
vacuum equipment in the Soviet Union? We want to hear about your
experiences. Do you have a great design for a difficult open source
product that can be useful to millions? Team up with the people who can
help implement your ideas.
Whoever you are, wherever you come from, you are welcome to present
technologically awesome work at EHSM. Travel assistance and visa
invitation letters provided upon request. All lectures are in English.
This year, we will try to improve the conference's documentation by
publishing proceedings. When relevant, please send us a paper on your
presentation topic. We are OK with previously published work, we simply
expect high quality and up-to-date content.
To submit your presentation, send a mail to
the following information:
* Your name(s). You can be anonymous if you prefer.
* Short bio
* Title of the presentation
* How much time you would like
* Full paper (if applicable)
* Links to more information (if available)
* Contact information (e-mail + mobile phone if possible)
* If you need us to arrange your trip:
* Where you would be traveling from
* If you need accommodation in Hamburg
We will again have an exhibition area where you can show and demonstrate
your work - write to the same email address to apply for space. If you
are bringing bulky or high-power equipment, make sure to let us know:
* What surface you would use
* What assistance you would need for equipment transport between your
lab and the conference
* If you need 3-phase electric power
(note that Germany uses 230V/400V 50Hz)
* What the peak power of your installation would be
Tutorials on any technology topic are also welcome, and may cater to all
levels, including beginners and kids.
We are counting on you to make this event awesome. Feel free to nominate
other speakers that you would like to see at the conference, too - just
write us a quick note and we will contact them.
Conference starts: morning of June 27th, 2014
Conference ends: evening of June 29th, 2014
Early registration fee ends: February 1st, 2014
Please submit lectures, tutorials and exhibits before: May 15th, 2014
22607 Hamburg, Germany
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO WELCOMING YOU IN HAMBURG!
- EHSM e.V. <http://ehsm.eu>
Discuss mailing list
- [annonces] Fwd: [hackerspaces] EHSM-2014 CFP - pushing the frontiers of open source and DIY, Mathieu Goessens (breizh-entropy), 11/28/2013
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.